GovNet is recruiting for a motivated Content/Conference Producer to work on research, production and partnership engagement for two flagship trade shows: The Schools & Academies Show London and Birmingham.
You will be working in a positive, exciting environment within a fast-paced and growing business. This is an excellent opportunity for a live content professional who wishes to drive the growth of a thriving and expanding sector.
The Schools & Academies Show Portfolio
The Schools & Academies Show is GovNet’s flagship exhibition, which attracted over 8,000 attendees in 2019 and is due to grow in 2020. One of the events takes place in April at ExCeL in London and one in November at the NEC in Birmingham.
The events manage to attract visitors by providing high-level, relevant and quality content that provides policy updates about the sector and exciting best-practice case studies, in a mix between editorial and sponsored content. As part of the content team, the successful candidate will liaise daily with marketing, sales and operations, under the guidance of the Even Director, driving the exhibition by liaising with key sponsors, managing agreements with our key supporters and partners, and establishing excellent relationships with our speakers.
The Role of the Content/Conference Producer
The role focuses on the production of the live content of both Schools & Academies Shows, from the initial research stages, through to speaker sourcing, and creation and management of all content. With The Schools & Academies Show being a high profile industry event, you will also play a key role in the relationships with all of the events main supporters, sponsors, speakers and partners, from the Department for Education through to education think tanks and stakeholders and corporate organisations.
Main duties & Responsibilities of the Content/Conference Producer
- Perform extensive and in-depth sector research via telephone, online and face-to-face, with key stakeholders, sponsors and target audience members, to ensure that the content at the show is relevant and compelling
- Support the marketing team in identifying key themes and topics to include in the marketing campaigns
- Brief the sales team on research findings and sponsoring opportunities within the show agenda
- Research and analyse competitor events
Content production and copy writing
- Produce live content sessions for traditional and more innovative features
- Ensure the delivery of all sessions on the days of the show
- Engage with sponsors and partners in the production of specific content sessions, that meet the stakeholder objectives as well as visitors’ educational needs
- Recruit speakers, liaise with them on the specific content of their session and agree on the logistics of their participation
- Research and write engaging content pieces, such as blog posts and whitepapers
- Agree with speakers and partners on the production of content pieces ahead of the show – blogs, Q&A’s and insight pieces
- Collaborate with marketing in creating compelling, sales-driven copy for a range of platforms (web, brochure, email, social media etc.) to drive exhibition and sponsorship sales
- Develop and maintain close and effective relationships with partner organisations, clients and speakers from both public and private sectors
- Develop and build close and effective relationships internally with marketing, sales and operations teams
Essential Skills Required:
- At least 12 months of proven track record in live content production
- Strong research skills and ability to quickly digest new information
- Ability to work for multiple events concurrently
- Self-motivated, professional and focused in all aspects of work
- Ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Ability to produce creative and compelling live content
- Ability to network confidently and competently, often with senior stakeholders
- Strong understanding of commercial dynamics of exhibitions
- Ability to write convincing and commercially focused copy
- Good influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines and targets
- Experience of working effectively within a matrix team structure
- Previous experience in live content production for trade shows
- Interest in and understanding of the education sector
- Interest in and understanding of public and education policy
- Experience in producing video and audio content
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday rising to 28 with length of service ( plus bank holidays)
- Birthday day off
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity
- 37.5 hour week
- Employee Assistance Program - 24/7 access to mental health and legal experts and more..
- Summer and Christmas Parties