We are looking for an experienced and hands-on IT Team Leader be responsible for the delivery of all IT Operations and Services. This is a newly created role based in our London office, managing internal and external resources including covering 1st-2nd line user support, Server and Network technical support, Applications, and some Training.
Since 1997, GovNet has delivered innovative, thought-provoking and insightful events, ranging from conferences and exhibitions to training courses and forums, most of which are primarily for the public sector.
GovNet are a SME organisation undergoing a digital transformation so need somebody used to adapting to change and passionate about innovation and staying up to date with the latest changes in IT.
About the role:
Reporting to our CTO, as IT Team Leader you'll be responsible for the day to day delivery of IT services and systems to the business. This is a very business facing role, acting as the senior point of contact to our teams on operations and Service Delivery matters.
Key responsibilities include:
- Monitoring, managing and leading a team of support analysts & engineers responsible for Desktop, Server, Network and Cloud Services (Azure, Office 365, Adobe Creative Cloud).
- Ensuring that the highest levels of performance, security, stability and reliability are maintained
- Act as the technical contact and escalation point for operational and service delivery matters
- Provide 2nd / 3rd line IT support to the business
- Management of Backup, Recovery and IT Disaster Recovery
- System monitoring and alerting
- Enforcement & monitoring of all SLA’s, reporting performance to the business
- Ongoing enhancement of the IT support function, managing change and evolution of services and technology
- Management of continuous improvement programmes, BAU and project work within the team
- Management of contracts in place for key systems to provide appropriate support, backup and capacity
- Documentation and ticketing systems
- 3 years+ experience in a similar role
- A broad but detailed technical background spanning Server/Network infrastructure, PaaS / SaaS, Desktop systems and mobile is beneficial
- Microsoft Administrator certification & ITIL accreditation is desirable
- Detailed knowledge of Office 365, AD, Windows Desktop & Server (OSX/Unix & PowerShell also desirable)
- Previous experience of system monitoring tools
- Software management & deployment such as MS System Centre
- Backup & recovery solutions
- Cyber Security, Firewalls & Security Appliances / Systems
- WANs, VLAN, VPN, TCP/IP, Wireless, VoIP systems
- Project management
- Proven working experience in a similar role or relevant experience
- BSc in Computer Science or Computing & Information Systems or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of management of technical issues, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills Comfortable performing a wide range of activities, including stretching to new skill/experience areas
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good prioritisation skills and be flexible enough to adapt plans
- Ability to explain complex systems in simple terms
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday rising to 28 with length of service
- Birthday day off
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity
- 37.5 hour week
- Employee Assistance Program - 24/7 access to mental health and legal experts and more..
- Summer and Christmas Parties
It is a great time to join GovNet Communications. We offer a stimulating and challenging place to work with strong realistic ambitions dedicated to growing and providing the highest quality services and events in our market. While there is a high emphasis on hitting targets, we are also a workplace focused on wellbeing and a positive culture. We have cultural ambassadors and a dedicated social committee who organise a range of fun events throughout the year to appeal to all members of staff.