GovNet Exhibitions are currently recruiting for a Sales Executive to join either our London or Manchester office. This role offers candidates a sought-after opportunity in selling highly lucrative sponsorship and exhibition spaces across a portfolio of prestigious events to the private sector.
Since 1997, GovNet has consistently delivered innovation, thought-provoking and insightful events, ranging from conference and exhibitions to training courses and forums. All of which are specifically for the Public Sector.
The Schools & Academies Show is a bi-annual event taking place in London in April and in Birmingham in November. Each show attracts over 4,000 attendees, 150 speakers and 200+ exhibitors. Alongside the flagship events, the portfolio includes the National Schools Awards, a UK-wide awards ceremony to reward education professionals. You will be part of the team responsible for selling sponsorship opportunities for the show.
- You will have a good understanding of selling creative solutions to our target markets
- Possess knowledge of sales processes and structure, be able to research and source your own leads
- Strong sales approach with proven experience of cold calling
- Be fully conversant with a range of our products and be prepared to make a large number of pitches to secure business mostly over the phone
- Act as a subject matter expert in identifying, pitching, closing, new and existing business/clients
- Reaching and exceeding weekly average targets as set out by the Sales Manager / Sales Director
- Represent the company at our events as agreed with the Sales Manager/Sales Directors
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience in outbound B2B sales with a demonstrable track record and have proven sales success and achievements
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical approach and successfully be able to research upcoming companies selling products in this space.
- A/c management/Customer experience/Customer Support
- Ideally you should have experience of conference sales or at least selling niche products with a substantial net value
What do we offer?
- Competitive Salary and uncapped commission
- 25 days holiday (increasing 1 day per year to a max of 28 days)
- Day off for your birthday
- Flexible working
- Access to corporate discount at over 3500 UK gyms
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare scheme
- Group Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension Scheme
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Summer and Christmas Parties and team socials