We have an amazing opportunity for an experienced Portfolio Director to join our team in our London office. The successful candidate will have exceptional project management and leadership skills and must be able to easily build relationships with senior stakeholders both internally and externally.
At GovNet, we create communities through events.
We run exhibitions, conferences and training courses that serve and improve the communities we are passionate about. We are experts with a deep understanding of the evolving challenges these communities face and we have made it our mission to help them. We are proud of the impact we’ve made on our markets, from education to healthcare to emerging tech.
Aim of Role
- Direct responsibility for the overall performance of all functions within the Conference and Exhibitions team.
- Is a respected voice in the sector they work in.
- Overall responsibility of portfolio performance, made up of events and digital activity, directly leading the content and marketing teams
- Work alongside the Heads of Sales to meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives across our portfolio and to ensure the success of events, whilst maximising profits
- Work with operations and central functions to ensure successful event delivery, aligned with goals and in a safe manner
Main Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Lead and coordinate the delivery of events delivery, ensuring on time an on budget.
- Carry out strategic planning and tactical delivery with business stakeholders.
- Work closely with all internal departments to deliver events in line with market, customer, and business needs
- Lead portfolio both with direct and indirect reports, ensuring staffing is appropriate to portfolio needs, matching objectives setting to wider business goals and portfolio needs, coaching and performance monitoring for the content and marketing teams.
- Work with the teams to identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- Work with external stakeholders to ensure appropriate engagement to our events and enable long-term opportunities for product developments
What we are looking for
- Excellent project management skills
- Organised and methodical, great attention to detail and task management skills
- The ability to motivate and lead a team
- Highly entrepreneurial, hands-on, self-sufficient
- Ability to work independently but as part of a strong team
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good IT, budget and report writing skills
What do we offer?
- 37.5 hour week
- 25 days holiday (increasing 1 day per year to a max of 28 days)
- Day off for your birthday
- Flexible working
- Access to corporate discount at over 3500 UK gyms
- Health Cash Plan – Voluntary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Workplace Nursery Scheme
- Group Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension Scheme
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Summer, Christmas Parties and team socials