We are recruiting for a Business Development Manager to join our team working across our Non-Tech Portfolio of Conferences. This is a full-time position and can be based in either our Manchester or London office.
GovNet Communications is the UK’S leading provider of public sector events. We run exhibitions, conferences, and training courses that serve and improve the communities we are passionate about. We are experts with a deep understanding of the evolving challenges these communities face and our mission is to “bring our communities together to connect, learn and grow through innovative, stimulating and collaborative experiences.”
At GovNet our core Values are: Trust Each other – we are honest, open, and inclusive, Bold Impact – we create positive change with every interaction, Build Communities – we bring people together with a common purpose, Collective Intelligence – we share knowledge for the greater good and Find the Fun – we inject the fun and spread the joy.
About GovNet Non Technology portfolio
GovNet is structured like a traditional media company and incorporates multiple divisions which facilitate every aspect of the public sector, from local government and housing to the NHS and education sector. The non-tech portfolio includes verticals such as Infrastructure, Justice, Fraud and Finance and includes events such as Housing, Modernising Criminal Justice and the Public Sector Show.
The GovNet team is recruiting for a hands-on Business Development Manager. Working alongside the Head of Sales, the Business Development Manager will have the following responsibilities:
Main Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to
- Sell space and drive sales campaigns across GovNet portfolio
- This is predominately a new business role
- Research, planning and implementing new target market initiative.
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Develop and target premium accounts
- Collaborate with the Head of Sales and Portfolio Director to develop sales strategies to improve market share
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, changing environment (preferably in the events/conference arena although not essential)
- A strong background in developing new business is a must
- Significant experience in sales with a demonstrated successful sales record of high-value sales activity in a B2B environment
- Experience in working within the specific sectors is an advantage
- A hunger to reach and exceed targets
- A tenacious ‘can do’ approach to work
- Be able to communicate confidently and effectively with all levels across the business
- Must be professional, resilient, approachable, diligent, and have a flexible approach to work
- Excellent organisation and timekeeping skills
What do we offer?
- Competitive Salary and uncapped commission
- 37.5 hour week
- 25 days holiday (increasing 1 day per year to a max of 28 days)
- Day off for your birthday
- Flexible working
- Access to corporate discount at over 3500 UK gyms
- Cycle to work scheme
- Workplace Nursery scheme
- Group Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension Scheme
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Summer and Christmas Parties and team socials