A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a passionate and hard-working event marketer to join our expanding exhibitions marketing team. Healthcare Excellence Through Technology is an established and leading brand and portfolio of events with a clear strategy for growth and we are now seeking an experienced and passionate Head of Marketing to join our growing team.
GovNet Communications is the UK’S leading provider of public sector events. We run exhibitions, conferences, and training courses that serve and improve the communities we are passionate about. We are experts with a deep understanding of the evolving challenges these communities face and our mission is to “bring our communities together to connect, learn and grow through innovative, stimulating and collaborative experiences.”
At GovNet our core Values are: Trust Each other – we are honest, open, and inclusive, Bold Impact – we create positive change with every interaction, Build Communities – we bring people together with a common purpose, Collective Intelligence – we share knowledge for the greater good and Find the Fun – we inject the fun and spread the joy.
About the Portfolio
As Head of Marketing, your primary role will be to curate and grow the communities within Healthcare technology markets with a focus on delivering high level commercial and networking opportunities through a 365-engagement campaign. Building the brand and its importance to this fast-moving community is critical to deliver excellent high-level exhibitions and adjacent events.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
You will be working alongside the Event director to research, write and implement the strategic marketing plan, and be responsible for the day-to-day execution of the overall exhibitor and visitor campaigns for the exhibition as well as meet ups and networking events. You will also provide strategic support to the sales team to ensure the commercial success of the exhibition, which includes the creation of sales support materials, generating sales leads and sales marketing campaign planning.
If you are an exhibition marketer with strong copywriting ability, extensive experience of multi-channel marketing, have outstanding organisational skills and the intuition to lead on new marketing techniques and channels, then this could be the right environment for you:
- Line manage, develop and inspire a team of 2 talented marketers
- Ensure the successful delivery of marketing campaigns in line with agreed objectives, KPIs, and the event and portfolio strategy
- Support and champion the roll out of new processes and ideas
- Research, create and execute a SOSTAC marketing strategy for the healthcare event portfolio for both visitors and clients
- Work with the content team and internal/external stakeholders to create a robust 365 inbound marketing strategy
- Responsible for marketing budgets and ensuring effective spend management across the portfolio
- Define and manage partnership strategy for all HETT Live events with a very clear focus on quality over quantity
- Lead the database management of the healthcare events marketing function including, segmentation, gap analysis, procurement, enhancing and cleansing programmes
- Delivering the SPEX and visitor marketing strategy across multiple online and offline channels, with support from the marketing team
- Optimisation of all online channels, including CRO (website), SEO, social, email etc.
- Digital advertising champion – implementation of always-on, retargeting and campaign ads across Google, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook.
- Develop 365 inbound marketing strategy
- Build an engaged online community with affective channel management of digital channels
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure all opportunities are maximised i.e. set up of workflows, sales sequences, tasks etc
- Responsible for the healthcare events websites, including the customer journey, aesthetics, tracking and continued optimisation
- Leading on all branding updates
- Event management – responsible for onsite registration management at healthcare events, producing show guides, event handouts and other literature.
- Managing relationships with internal and external suppliers and partners (PR, design, print, telemarketing, delegate acquisition teams etc.)
Analytics & Reporting
- Monitor performance of all marketing channels across the portfolio and recommend performance improvement tactics where necessary
- Ensure all marketing KPIs are tracked and measured to inform dynamic investment based on analysis of current and past performance.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Around 5 years of B2B marketing experience, within the events sector
- Stakeholder Engagement: Builds strong relationships (internal/external)
- Line management and mentoring experience is essential
- HubSpot experience is highly desirable
- Candidate must be data-driven and able to demonstrate proven marketing measurement and optimisation of campaigns
- Strong copywriting and proofing skills
What do we offer?
- Competitive Salary
- Enrolment in our annual profit share scheme with possible bonus of 20% or more.
- 37.5 hour week
- 25 days holiday (increasing 1 day per year to a max of 28 days)
- Day off for your birthday
- Flexible working (currently working from home due to COVID-19)
- Access to corporate discount at over 3500 UK gyms
- Tech scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Workplace Nursery scheme
- Group Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension Scheme
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Summer and Christmas Parties and team socials