We are recruiting for a Senior Marketing Executive to be responsible for registration and delegate targets across all events in the education portfolio. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate excellent skills in email marketing, website management, data segmentation and copywriting.
At GovNet, we create communities through events.
We run exhibitions, conferences and training courses that serve and improve the communities we are passionate about. We are experts with a deep understanding of the evolving challenges these communities face and we have made it our mission to help them. We are proud of the impact we’ve made on our markets, from education to healthcare to emerging tech.
At GovNet our core Values are: Trust Each other – we are honest, open, and inclusive, Bold Impact – we create positive change with every interaction, Build Communities – we bring people together with a common purpose, Collective Intelligence – we share knowledge for the greater good and Find the Fun – we inject the fun and spread the joy.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a growing and exciting team that runs some of the largest and renowned education events in the UK. Attracting over 8,000 visitors every year, and working on innovative marketing campaigns, you will work with key government departments, education partners and have the opportunity to attend live events and engage with the audience and clients.
- Multi-channel execution and management - manage the delivery of the campaign plans, ensuring each activity is delivered within deadline, to budget, and gains the required audience reach across all audiences
- Work with key external suppliers and internal teams to ensure all channels are effectively optimised to produce the best results with the most effective spend.
- Brief, distribute and measure marketing campaigns – email, social media, PPC, press, partner activity, content, video & live events
- Provide social media support for each event to improve online brand presence – message scheduling, group message interaction, administer follower acquisition and engagement campaigns.
- Plan, schedule and monitor targeted PPC and social media paid advertising campaigns that generate awareness, boost brand presence and drive registrations.
- Manage the newsletter, securing content from partners, speakers, editors, and exhibitors to drive new customers to the website.
- Working with the marketing and content teams, execute content marketing programmes that drive new audiences and retain existing customer groups.
- Work with the marketing team to identify new and insightful co-marketing partners (comprising media, press, associations, membership bodies) and manage media partnership delivery.
- Work closely with key speakers and influencers, leveraging their influence to promote brand awareness and drive new customers
- Provide regular channel analysis for regular reporting of event KPI performance vs. target.
- Provide general admin support as and when required to the team.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Experience of marketing or account management desirable (but must have desire to develop career within marketing).
- Understanding of customer targeting and segmentation
- Demonstrable knowledge of SEO and writing for digital platforms
- Proven social media for business experience
- Demonstrate a real understanding of brands and understands the importance of measurement
- Strongly results-focused, able to clearly demonstrate success via proven metrics
- Demonstrable ability to communicate confidently and to negotiate
- Experience of working within the events industry – desirable
What do we offer?
- Competitive Salary
- Enrolment in our excellent profit share scheme, which could pay out a bonus of 20% or more
- 25 days holiday (increasing 1 day per year to a max of 28 days)
- 37.5 hour week
- Day off for your birthday
- Flexible working
- Access to corporate discount at over 3500 UK gyms
- Cycle to work scheme
- Work Place Nursery scheme
- Group Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension Scheme
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Summer and Christmas Parties and team socials