We have a brand new role for an experienced Sales Manager to join our newest events portfolio - SUSTx! This role can be based in our London or Manchester office (where we work around 1 day per week) and would suit a events sales professional with a keen interest in sustainability.
At GovNet, we create communities through events.
We run exhibitions, conferences, and training courses that serve and improve the communities we are passionate about. We are experts with a deep understanding of the evolving challenges these communities face and we have made it our mission to help them. We are proud of the impact we’ve made on our markets, from education to healthcare to emerging tech.
SUSTx approaches Sustainability as a whole-economy challenge and solution, bringing together UK businesses and Organisations across all sectors. Addressing sustainability concerns within the energy, transportation, procurement, Assets, Circularity, and People. SUSTX brings together a community to help them on the road to net-zero.
The SUSTx team is recruiting for a hands-on Sales Manager selling and directly managing a small but growing team. Working alongside the Commercial Director, the Sales Manager is a functional role ensuring that the sales operation operates at its most efficient in terms of resourcing, performance, motivation, and skillsets.
Main Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to
- Sell space and drive sales campaigns across SUSTx portfolio
- Ensure that all targets are met, and KPI’s adhered to
- Drive new business to the portfolio
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Develop and target premium accounts
- Management of a sales and senior sales executive
- Run the day-to-day training and management and appraisals of the team
- Responsible for weekly sales targets confirmed with Commercial Director
- Continually recruit, train, motivate and develop sales team
- Develop specific plans to ensure revenue growth in events
- Provide quarterly results assessments of sales staff’s productivity
- Collaborate with the Commercial Director to develop sales strategies to improve market share in all product lines
- Hold daily/weekly sales meetings with sales team.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience as a Sales Manager managing exhibition and or conference model events
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, changing environment (preferably in the events/conference arena although not essential)
- Significant experience in sales with a demonstrated successful sales record of high-value sales activity in a B2B environment
- Experience of working within the sustainability sector is an advantage
- A hunger to reach and exceed targets
- A tenacious ‘can do’ approach to work
- Strong people management experience and skills
- Be able to communicate confidently and effectively with all levels across the business
- Must be professional, resilient, approachable, diligent, and have a flexible approach to work
- Excellent organisation and time keeping skills
- Interest in Sustainability/net zero matters.
What do we offer?
- Competitive Salary and uncapped commission
- 37.5 hour week
- 25 days holiday (increasing 1 day per year to a max of 28 days)
- Day off for your birthday
- Flexible working
- Access to corporate discount at over 3500 UK gyms
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare scheme
- Group Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension Scheme
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Summer and Christmas Parties and team socials
Please note we close over the Christmas holidays and so applications will not be viewed until week commencing 4th January 2022.