We are recruiting for a Marketing Assistant to join the London team and be involved in supporting the wider marketing team to achieve registration and delegate targets across all events in the education portfolio. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate excellent skills in email marketing, website management, data segmentation and copywriting.
At GovNet, we create communities through events.
We run exhibitions, conferences and training courses that serve and improve the communities we are passionate about. We are experts with a deep understanding of the evolving challenges these communities face and we have made it out mission to help them. We are proud of the impact we’ve made on our markets, from education to healthcare to emerging tech.
We are looking for a career-driven and enthusiastic candidate to join our marketing team in the education portfolio at GovNet. The team runs some of the biggest events in the education calendar, from the Schools & Academies Show, to the EdTech Summit, Higher Education Conference, and National Schools Awards.
Main Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to
- Responsible for maintaining the various event websites across the education portfolio
- Supporting the email marketing function of the team by working with all marketers within the portfolio
- Playing a key role in creating strategic marketing plans
- Writing marketing copy; html and text-based email marketing campaigns
- Identifying the data target markets
- Managing social media channels for a variety of large education events
- Using all available marketing channels to ensure targets are met
- Liaising with key stakeholders and potential partners
- Analysing the overall effectiveness of marketing campaign
Skills and Qualifications:
- Highly competent and efficient copywriting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great team player with an ambitious and positive attitude
- Ability to meet deadlines and targets and work under pressure
- Strong work ethic with a 'can do’ attitude
- Candidate must be organised and efficient to balance the number of courses being worked on
- Experience in an email / digital marketing role, or a role within the events industry
- Experience in any email marketing software
- Understanding of websites and content management systems
- Experience in SEO, web, and social media analytics
- An interest in the public sector
What do we offer?
- Competitive Salary and 20% OTE through profit share
- 25 days holiday (increasing 1 day per year to a max of 28 days)
- Day off for your birthday
- Flexible working
- Access to corporate discount at over 3500 UK gyms
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare scheme
- Group Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension Scheme
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Summer and Christmas Parties and team socials
Please note we close over the Christmas holidays and so applications will not be viewed until week commencing 4th January 2022.