We have a brand new opportunity for a driven sales professional to join our Manchester team, working on two of our newest Event Portfolios - SUSTx and Outstanding Schools.
A bit about us:
At GovNet, we create communities through events.
We run exhibitions, conferences and training courses that serve and improve the communities we are passionate about. We are experts with a deep understanding of the evolving challenges these communities face and we have made it our mission to help them. We are proud of the impact we’ve made on our markets, from education to healthcare to emerging tech.
Outstanding Schools runs a series of regional events catering to international schools across the world. Starting in 2020, it now runs three annual conferences for the key geographical regions: the Middle East, Asia, and Europe and had recently expanded to offer training courses as well as webinars.
SUSTx is GovNet’s sustainability brand, running a large multi-themed event in January 2022, offering a full-spectrum solution for businesses and organisations in the UK seeking to reduce their carbon emissions. Following the main conference, it too plans to expand to offer training courses and webinars.
GovNet has been running training courses since 2007 through its soft skills for government training brand, Understanding ModernGov, and its policy implementation brand Inside Government. We run hundreds of training courses a year and train more than 10,000 people each year.
The role of Delegate Sales Executive:
Our Delegate Sales Executive will be selling tickets to attend Outstanding Schools and SUSTx training courses which run virtually year-round. You must be comfortable in building relationships with senior decision-makers, working towards driving further commercial success across the portfolio. The products are one-day interactive virtual CPD-accredited training courses that help professionals improve their skills and operate better in their jobs.
Main Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to
- Aim for excellence, by having a strong drive to meet targets consistently.
- Achieve weekly KPIs and manage objection handling where required.
- Thorough research on prospects clients to ensure an understanding of the needs and requirements
- Cold-calling new business prospects
- Identify new sales opportunities from existing business
- Writing introduction emails to introduce and explain the full range of training courses
- Managing the database to a high degree of accuracy to ensure targeted marketing activity can take place to generate new business
- Work closely with the OS and SUSTx teams to understand the product and provide feedback to support product development
Skills and Qualifications:
- You will have worked in a target driven environment with at least 1 year’s B2B experience
- Strong team player
- Be resilient and work under a high pressurised environment
- Be committed, enthusiastic and highly organised
- Self-motivated and efficient
- Possess excellent verbal communication skills
- Be an excellent relationship builder
- Able to communicate effectively with international English-speaking clients
What do we offer?
- Competitive Salary and uncapped commission
- 37.5 hour week (standard hours are 9am – 5.30pm but a level of flexibility is required when working the international education events which may require some early (homeworking) starts)
- 25 days holiday (increasing 1 day per year to a max of 28 days)
- Day off for your birthday
- Flexible working
- Access to corporate discount at over 3500 UK gyms
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare scheme
- Group Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension Scheme
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Summer and Christmas Parties and team social
Please note we close over the Christmas holidays and so applications will not be viewed until week commencing 4th January 2022.