We are recruiting for a Content Assistant to join our SUSTx Portfolio, this is an exciting opportunity for anyone interested in the sustainability agenda, researching, and discussing the challenges and opportunities facing the British economy in relation to the current climate crisis
At GovNet, we create communities through events.
We run exhibitions, conferences and training courses that serve and improve the communities we are passionate about. We are experts with a deep understanding of the evolving challenges these communities face and we have made it out mission to help them. We are proud of the impact we’ve made on our markets, from education to healthcare to emerging tech.
About the Portfolio
We are looking for someone to join us at SUSTx, a provider of events, content, and training aimed at helping businesses and organisations in the UK overcome challenges in reducing their carbon emission and become more sustainable.
What We Are Looking For:
Our Content Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Head of Portfolio create and delivering the portfolio’s events and related content including blogs and handbooks. This involves conducting in-depth research, producing event agendas, and building and maintaining relationships with key organisations as well as individuals from across the sector. In addition, they will support these events through content creation to drive awareness and traffic. They will have the opportunity to contribute to the event portfolio and growth strategy of the division by being encouraged to demonstrate creativity, innovation, and new ideas in the work they produce.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the Content Assistant:
- Conducting research (research calls, desk-based & face to face – when appropriate) across a wide range of UK domestic policy areas
- Identifying and building/maintaining relationships with and inviting/confirming high profile speakers and organisations
- Creating innovative, attractive and commercial event agendas and website copy
- Researching and submitting new event ideas to be added to the existing event portfolio
- Generating engaging content pieces and event areas that drive traffic and attract viewers
- Attending events on the day alongside our operations team or running them virtually where applicable
- Designing and maintaining event websites and contents hubs
- Working alongside our marketing team to ensure events are commercially successful and achieve target delegate numbers
Growth and personal development:
This role provides significant and realistic opportunities to progress within a rapidly expanding company. Professional training and personal development will be provided.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A strong personal interest in the sustainability agenda from a business perspective
- A degree (minimum 2:1) ideally in but not limited to politics, history, English, sustainability, business or marketing
- The ability to demonstrate clear research, writing, editing and communications skills - taking on board information and presenting this back in the form of written work that is concise, engaging and commercially viable
- A creative individual who has the ability to digest information and trends and present this back in the form of innovative ideas and solutions
- A team player who works harmoniously as part of a group but who also works well independently with minimal guidance and supervision
- Organisational skills to prioritise work and meet numerous deadlines on a weekly basis
- A competitive individual who is constantly looking to improve themselves and is motivated by targets and success
What do we offer?
- Competitive pay plus 20% OTE through profit share
- 37.5 hour week
- 25 days holiday (increasing 1 day per year to a max of 28 days)
- Day off for your birthday
- Flexible working (currently working from home due to COVID-19)
- Access to corporate discount at over 3500 UK gyms
- Tech Scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Workplace Nursery Scheme
- Group Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension Scheme
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Summer and Christmas Parties and team socials
Please note we close over the Christmas holidays and so applications will not be viewed until week commencing 4th January 2022.