A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious marketing manager to join the commercial team at GovNet in our London or Manchester office.
GovNet Communications is the UK’S leading provider of public sector events. We run exhibitions, conferences, and training courses that serve and improve the communities we are passionate about. We are experts with a deep understanding of the evolving challenges these communities face and our mission is to “bring our communities together to connect, learn and grow through innovative, stimulating and collaborative experiences.”
At GovNet our core Values are: Trust Each other – we are honest, open, and inclusive, Bold Impact – we create positive change with every interaction, Build Communities – we bring people together with a common purpose, Collective Intelligence – we share knowledge for the greater good and Find the Fun – we inject the fun and spread the joy.
The successful candidate will join a growing team responsible for demand and lead-generation for sponsorship sales across our industry-leading events portfolio and new digital revenue streams.
This is a rewarding and varied role with the opportunity to utilise your marketing skills across a range of channels including email, digital advertising, partnerships, and content marketing.
The commercial marketing team are responsible for the first impressions potential clients experience and as such an eye for design, website optimisation and attention to detail are all important skills.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of Marketing Manager:
- Campaign Strategy: Plan out your strategy for each product including targets, budget, channels, and timelines.
- Data Selection: Build targeted data lists to cover all sales areas, identify gaps and brief data builds/purchase.
- Email Marketing: Create a range of different email campaigns, test subject lines, optimise and report on success.
- Digital Advertising: Create and manage paid advertising to promote event sponsorship opportunities and generate leads. This will include landing page creation and reporting.
- Sales Collateral: Create briefs to populate existing templates for downloadable content such as brochures, del lists and event reports.
- Website Management: Get websites market ready. Update content based on event changes, optimise for keywords, and ensure presentable and easy to navigate. Include data capture for commercial lead gen.
- Lead Management and Reporting: Report on leads generated against pre-agreed KPIs and targets and ensure leads are being allocated effectively.
- Partners and Listings: Seek to get products seen in as many places as possible and work with key partners to provide marketing materials that are shared with their networks for additional lead generation opportunities.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a senior digital marketing role
- Excellent communication skills and confident presenting to senior stakeholders
- Proven experience of driving digital transformation, strategy, and best practice
- Expert in SEO and PPC strategy and implementation
- Experience and preference towards A/B testing across digital channels and websites
- Excellent understanding of e-commerce, content marketing, marketing automation, CRM and paid digital media
- A natural leader with experience in board-level discussions and driving change
- Analytical, curious, logical and a natural problem solver
- Passionate about the evolution of marketing
- Driven, hands-on and a self-starter confident working independently and as part of a team
- Strong work ethic and ability to manage multiple projects, campaigns, and priorities
What we can offer you
- Competitive Pay plus 20% OTE through profit share
- 37.5 hour week
- 25 days holiday (increasing 1 day per year to a max of 28 days)
- Day off for your birthday
- Flexible working with 1 day a week in the office
- Access to corporate discount at over 3500 UK gyms
- Health Cash Plan – Voluntary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Workplace Nursery Scheme
- Group Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension Scheme
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Summer, Christmas Parties, and team socials.
Please note we close over the Christmas holidays and so applications will not be viewed until week commencing 4th January 2022.