We have a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our lovely people team. You will be responsible for end-to-end recruitment throughout the business working across our two offices. You will be joining a close team, in a supportive environment, where every day is different as the business needs change. The people team (and senior leadership) are passionate about how we can attract but also retain and support our employees and what we can do as a team to make Govnet the very best place to work.
GovNet Communications is the UK’S leading provider of public sector events. We run exhibitions, conferences, and training courses that serve and improve the communities we are passionate about. We are experts with a deep understanding of the evolving challenges these communities face and our mission is to “bring our communities together to connect, learn and grow through innovative, stimulating and collaborative experiences.”
At GovNet our core Values are: Trust Each other – we are honest, open, and inclusive, Bold Impact – we create positive change with every interaction, Build Communities – we bring people together with a common purpose, Collective Intelligence – we share knowledge for the greater good and Find the Fun – we inject the fun and spread the joy.
About the role
The business invests in growing and developing its own talent, and in this respect, entry-level recruitment is a key component of the role. The role will have an emphasis on direct sourcing of talent, via traditional and innovative online/offline channels.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will manage the end-to-end recruitment process, from creating job adverts and shortlisting CVs, through to screening candidates, arranging interviews with hiring managers, offers, and onboarding – whilst delivering an excellent candidate experience at the same time.
You will work closely with internal stakeholders and hiring managers, to understand their needs and what skills they are looking for in their new hire.
This role comes with excellent career opportunities as we continue to grow into 2022 and beyond.
- Management of all job adverts and job board postings
- Active sourcing of candidates online via Boolean searching
- Conducting regular meetings with hiring managers to ensure strong communication and stakeholder management
- Telephone screening candidates
- Supporting employer branding activity, including use of social media channels
- Manage strong candidate management and candidate experience
- Building and managing an effective talent pool
- Assessment Centre and interview organisation
- Liaising with agencies if required
- Processing invoices, negotiating fees, and monitoring the recruitment budget
- Working with the wider HR team on recruitment and onboarding and light HR tasks
- Producing relevant reports
- Generally providing a first-class service to the business
- Supporting the management of content for our Careers Page
Key skills and experience required for the role:
- Minimum 12 months of experience working in a recruitment role, either internal or at a recruitment agency
- Strong administrative skills, extremely organised
- Effective relationship-builder, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player, but can take on own responsibilities and prioritise workload
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of how to recruit high-quality candidates, including Sales professionals
The role may suit a candidate looking to transition into a client-side role from an agency environment, or possibly already in-house and looking for their next step. Candidates will have solid experience in recruiting into sales and other roles. The successful candidate must demonstrate a passion for sourcing high-quality talent and ensure excellent candidate management, in this role your contribution can have a direct impact on the success of the business.
What we can offer you
- Competitive Pay plus 20% OTE through yearly profit share scheme
- 37.5 hour week
- 25 days holiday (increasing 1 day per year to a max of 28 days)
- Day off for your birthday
- Flexible working with 1 day a week in the office
- Access to corporate discount at over 3500 UK gyms
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Workplace Nursery Scheme
- Group Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension Scheme
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Summer, Christmas Parties, and team socials