Understanding ModernGov are looking for a passionate Marketing Assistant to join the London team. This is an exciting role for an individual that is looking to develop their marketing skills. You will be involved in creating and implementing marketing plans to drive delegate acquisition across Understanding ModernGov’s portfolio of skills training courses.
At GovNet, we create communities through events.
We run exhibitions, conferences and training courses that serve and improve the communities we are passionate about. We are experts with a deep understanding of the evolving challenges these communities face and we have made it out mission to help them. We are proud of the impact we’ve made on our markets, from education to healthcare to emerging tech.
Responsibilities of the Marketing Assistant
- Responsible for creating and leading the marketing campaigns for our public-sector focused skills training courses (10-12 at any given time)
- Responsible for delegate acquisition for allocated courses
- Writing marketing copy and creating email marketing campaigns
- Identifying data target markets for each course and creating the relevant data selections
- Suggesting social media avenues and making use of our social media platforms
- Working with the wider marketing team on the creation of PPC campaigns to drive delegate acquisition
- Analysing the overall effectiveness of marketing campaign
- Liaising with key stakeholders and potential delegates
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an innovative, creative and enthusiastic career driven candidate to join our marketing team in Understanding ModernGov. Understanding ModernGov run over 250 training courses every year, that allow professionals from across the public sector to acquire practical skills that can be applied in the workplace.
- Highly competent and efficient copywriting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great team player with an ambitious and positive attitude
- Ability to meet deadlines and targets and work under pressure
- Strong work ethic with a 'can do’ attitude
- Candidate must be organised and efficient to balance the number of courses being worked on
- A drive to get involved in new marketing channels and technologies
- Experience in an email / digital marketing role, or a role within the events industry
- Experience of creating multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Experience in any email marketing software
- Understanding of websites and content management systems
- Experience of SEO, web and social media analytics
What do we offer?
- Competitive base plus 20% OTE through profit share
- 37.5 hour week
- 25 days holiday (increasing 1 day per year to a max of 28 days)
- Day off for your birthday
- Flexible working
- Access to corporate discount at over 3500 UK gyms
- Health Cash Plan – Voluntary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Workplace Nursery Scheme
- Group Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension Scheme
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Summer, Christmas Parties and team socials