Inside Government are recruiting for a Marketing Executive to join the team in our London office. We are looking for a multi channel marketer who wants to develop their skills and take the next step in their career.
At GovNet, we create communities through online, digital and live event experiences.
Since 1997, GovNet has consistently delivered innovation, thought-provoking and insightful events, ranging from conference and exhibitions to training courses and forums. All of which are specifically for the Public Sector.
We run exhibitions, conferences and training courses that serve and improve the communities we are passionate about. We are experts with a deep understanding of the evolving challenges these communities face and we have made it out mission to help them. We are proud of the impact we’ve made on our markets, from education to healthcare to emerging tech.
Inside Government provides policy-led events targeted at those involved with providing public services or those with within the public or voluntary sectors. Our communities are there to push boundaries, foster innovation and inspire personal development by facilitating discussion and knowledge between policy makers and front-line staff.
At Inside Government we are all passionate about public policy, content, marketing and event sales. It is not only a social and stimulating place to work but also, a division which has a proven track record of developing from within, with many of management starting off at entry level. We invest in the things that matter. We can only improve our industry if we are continuously improving ourselves, our environment, our technology and most importantly, our people. Whether it’s training programmes, our annual conference or direct mentoring from the industry’s best, we can support your career ambition.
About the role:
Our marketing Assistant will be responsible for and have the autonomy to deliver their own portfolio of policy-led events to target. This involves data selection, copy and contents writing, lead generation, content strategies and subscriber strategies. They will have the opportunity to contribute to the event portfolio and growth of the division through being encouraged to demonstrate creativity, innovation and new ideas in the work they produce.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Data Driven Marketing: Identify relevant target markets and learn how to create a ‘data universe’ for each event by segmenting the company’s database through Job title analyst, market mapping and data build planning.
- Copy Writing: Using excellent copy writing skills to communicate each event’s USPs with relevant calls to action to drive delegate acquisition and sponsorship sales leads.
- SEO: Conducting on-site and off-site analysis of web SEO competition. Understanding of how to create high-quality SEO content.
- Social Media & Content Marketing: Implement an extensive social media strategy to deliver targeted content that drives lead generation and website traffic.
- Website Design & WordPress: - Using the CMS (Wordpress) and analytics training to help manage the conference websites and implement changes to drive website improvements.
- Digital Marketing: Analyse your campaigns performance and discover areas needing improvement by utilising digital marketing tools such as Google Analytics, Google Ad words and Email Marketing.
- Brand Management and Creation: Working closely with the Senior Marketing Manager and internal design and web development team to develop new company websites and strong brands around each of our new conferences.
- Industry monitoring: Monitor and communicate the latest industry news and reports to deliver marketing campaigns and audience insights to be used in future campaigns.
- Collaborate: With influencers/associations/speaker organisations to form partnerships through ‘contra’ arrangements that improve product placement and event/brand credibility.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 2:1 BA degree educated or above, ideally in, but not limited to Marketing and English related degree courses
- Sound understanding of marketing principles
- Knowledge of digital marketing channels and skills such as SEM, social media and email marketing
- Excellent copywriter with impeccable spelling, punctuation and grammar skills
- Great team player with an ambitious and positive attitude
- A competitive nature and ability to succeed in a targeted environment
- 1+ years marketing experience
- Must be flexible to adjust in a fast changing environment
- An interest in the workings and departments of the UK public sector
- Use of Marketing Automation software
- Experience in email /digital marketing , preferably in B2B events marketing
What do we offer?
- Competitive base plus 20% OTE through profit share
- 37.5 hour week
- 25 days holiday (increasing 1 day per year to a max of 28 days)
- Day off for your birthday
- Flexible working
- Access to corporate discount at over 3500 UK gyms
- Health Cash Plan – Voluntary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Workplace Nursery Scheme
- Group Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension Scheme
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Summer, Christmas Parties and team socials