We are looking for a number of Sales Development Representatives to join our Manchester office. If you are looking for a role to start your career in sales, then this could be the opportunity for you.
At GovNet, we create communities through events.
Since 1997, GovNet has consistently delivered innovative, thought-provoking and insightful events, all of which, to date, are predominately for the Public Sector.
We run exhibitions, conferences and training courses that serve and improve the communities we are passionate about. We are experts with a deep understanding of the evolving challenges these communities face and we have made it out mission to help them. We are proud of the impact we’ve made on our markets, from education to healthcare to emerging tech.
About the job
You will be working in a fast-moving, challenging and target-driven environment. You will be responsible for our clients’ both private and public sector as a conduit into a range of different conferences and events.
You will be working hand in hand with the marketing and sales department to achieve pre-determined goals.
Responsibilities of the Sales Development Research Team
- Supporting Sales in a range of different events from exhibitions to conferences and training courses; covering sectors including education, health, technology, justice, security, and the wider Public Sector.
- Make outbound calls to qualify and reach out to suitable leads before passing over to the sales teams to convert.
- Get to know and maintain strong relationships with our client base so we can help them understand the services Govnet provides
- Collate feedback and generate ideas to improve our offering.
- Having a strong drive to achieve weekly KPI’s and targets and manage objection handling where required.
- Writing introduction emails to introduce and explain the full range of Conferences
- Managing the database to a high degree of accuracy to ensure targeted marketing activity can take place to generate new business.
What are we looking for?
- Strong team player
- Previous telesales or customer service experience
- Be resilient and work under a high pressurised environment
- Be committed, enthusiastic and highly organised
- Self-motivated and efficient
- Possess excellent verbal communication skills
- Be an excellent relationship builder
- Confident and excellent telephone manner
- A desire to work within sales environment and hit targets
What do we offer?
- 37.5 hour week - Monday to Friday.
- 25 days holiday (increasing 1 day per year to a max of 28 days)
- Day off for your birthday
- Flexible working week
- Access to corporate discount at over 3500 UK gyms
- Health Cash Plan – Voluntary
- Group Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension Scheme
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Summer and Christmas Parties and team socials
Please note we close over the Christmas holidays and so applications will not be viewed until week commencing 4th January 2022.