We are searching for an experienced event professional to lead a new portfolio of Sustainability events. The ideal candidate must have experience in the Sustainability sector and ideally in a research and content creation. This is a full time position based in our London office (temporarily remote).
At GovNet, we create communities through events.
We run exhibitions, conferences and training courses that serve and improve the communities we are passionate about. We are experts with a deep understanding of the evolving challenges these communities face and we have made it out mission to help them. We are proud of the impact we’ve made on our markets, from education to healthcare to emerging tech.
About the role:
The role will involve leading on the creation of an online community and a portfolio of events and training courses. Reporting directly jointly into the Portfolio MD and the Commercial Director, and working with several internal stakeholders that will deliver functions such as marketing, sales and logistics, the Portfolio Lead will be in charge of owning this nascent project, developing and delivering it.
We are looking for an individual that is well versed in the subject matter of sustainable development and the carbon reduction agenda. You will ideally have several years of experience in content, research and relationships in this market, and have a strong commercial nous and understanding of the ecosystem and factors that affect it. An experience in the events industry and/or training will be an advantage.
This is a unique opportunity for a motivated self-starter with relevant experience, to lead on a new product line in the events and training industry, while being fully supported and within a stable and already successful company. The GovNet Communications group is the UK’s leading public policy events’ organiser, established 24 years ago and with strong credentials in the sustainability market in government and regulation.
The successful candidate will lead on creating a dedicated new portfolio of events and training courses, centred around an online community. Initiative and the ability to self-motivate are key. You’ll have the benefit of working for a highly stable and successful company while at the same time leading the way on a new product line where the sky is the limit.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Research and put together an agenda, programme of speakers and discussion groups forming a launch event addressing key elements of the sustainability agenda
- Found an online community to support the event, including creating and curating content and a facilitating a plan of online meetups and activities
- Establish and manage relationships with key stakeholder organisations
- Work with clients to understand their commercial objectives, expectations or bespoke training needs (whichever is applicable) and build packages and products that will help them achieve that
- Work with stakeholders internally to ensure the successful delivery of products on time and on budget: marketing, sales and logistics
- Working to weekly and quarterly KPIs and a budget
Qualifications and Experience:
- We are interested to hear from Conference and Event Content Managers who are ready to take the next step in their career and grow a portfolio of events
- Several years of experience working in the sustainability sphere, in events, publications, communications, public affairs, research or policy
- Have established key relationships with some key industry bodies
- Highly commercial and entrepreneurial
- Client-focused, long-term view of relationships
- Results-oriented, ambitions and hungry
- Independent and self-motivated
- Consultative and personable
- Brilliant writer
- Great communication skills
- Works at high pace and thrives in a fast and ever-changing work environment
- Well-organised with a good attention to detail
What do we offer?
We believe in looking after the people who power our business. That’s why we give Perkbox to everyone who joins the team. It’s part of our commitment to go beyond a paycheque when it comes to supporting our employees.
Here’s what you can look forward to from Perkbox and our other company benefits:
- 250+ perks, available online 24/7
- Shopping discounts from some of the UK’s biggest stores
- Free online fitness classes and gym discounts at over 3,000 gyms nationwide
- Discounted learning and development courses
- Monthly free treat
- 25 days holiday (increasing 1 day per year to a max of 28 days)
- Day off for your birthday
- Flexible working (currently working from home due to COVID-19)
- Group Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Pension Scheme
- Summer and Christmas Parties and team socials